What is the Accelerating Public Cloud Programme?
In July 2016 Cabinet agreed to new measures for accelerating the adoption of public cloud services by New Zealand’s government agencies. The Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) is leading a 12-month programme to implement these measures with security agencies and via the Partnership Framework to:
- streamline security certification
- update commercial frameworks
- develop information and guidance to lift capability.
The Partnership Framework involves key leaders across government to support the goal of a single, coherent ICT ecosystem supporting radically transformed public services.
Adam Stapleton, Programme Director for Accelerating Public Cloud, will discuss:
- the strategic context for these changes
- the plan for acceleration
- possible barriers
- what accelerating Public Cloud means to agencies.
Information about the requirements for Cloud Computing is available online.
Tuesday September 27
11:30 am – 12:00 pm Tea, Coffee and Networking
12:00 – 1:00 pm Presentation
Lower Ground meeting rooms
70 Molesworth Street
Please RSVP for catering purposes.