Who supports the GCDO
The Government Chief Digital Officer (GCDO) Paul James is supported by people and teams within the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA).
The GCDO is supported by the Digital Government Partnership, a group of stakeholders from agencies across government.
The GCDO is also supported by the DIA teams and roles that lead or support an area of digital transformation.
If you're from a government agency and you want to get in touch about digital government or the GCDO, contact the Relationship Management team.
The GCDO contact point for government agencies. The Relationship Management team:
- answer queries about the GCDO and digital government
- meet with agencies to understand and support their priorities
- help agencies navigate digital leadership
- put agencies in contact with appropriate people within DIA and across government.
Director, Relationship Management
- Lead development and implementation of the digital government strategy
- Support the Digital Government Partnership
- Lead government enterprise architecture.
Director, Digital Government Strategy
Commercial Strategy and Delivery
- Set up and manage digital contracts across government
- Manage supplier relationships
- Develop digital sourcing strategies
- Give commercial advice to agencies
- Advise on government procurement policies.
General Manager, Commercial Strategy and Delivery — for strategic vendor or commercial matters
- Design all-of-government digital services
- Investigate ways to deliver integrated, user-centered services
- Work with agencies to research and design services
- Create and test new services.
General Manager, Service Innovation
Government Information Services
- Lead the delivery of online government information
- Create and manage government information websites, including govt.nz, digital.govt.nz and data.govt.nz
- Create and test user-centered information about government services
- Give advice about web standards, accessibility, and content and service design
- Manage the government web domain.
General Manager, Government Information Services
- Provide coordinated oversight and delivery of system-wide assurance that government IT programmes and projects:
- are effective
- have any risks identified and managed
- are sensible investments
- Advise on system-wide assurance across government.
General Manager, System Assurance
Government Chief Privacy Officer (GCPO)
Deputy Government Chief Digital Officer
- Leads the delivery of the government's digital strategy
- Implements information technology (IT) assurance
- Develops and manages IT capability across government.
Deputy Government Chief Digital Officer, and
Deputy Chief Executive, Service and System Transformation