Social media: How to handle a mishap
This guide has been written to help practitioners put measures in place to help prevent social media mishaps, as well as provide help on how to respond when social media goes wrong.
"Social media in government: How to handle a mishap" provides guidance on:
- Types of mishaps, e.g. direct abuse, leaks/early release, hacked or wrong account postings
- Putting basic business as usual processes in place to avoid social media mishaps
- What to do during the event
- General best practice guidelines, plus what to do in specific situations (e.g. you receive direct abuse)
- What to do after a social media mishap to ensure lessons are learned and any necessary changes to processes, roles and responsibilities are made
Download 'How to handle a mishap':
To request an accessible or alternative version of 'How to handle a mishap', please contact us.
- Last modified: